Allergies or Cold?
Parents, did you know that allergies and colds share many of the same symptoms?
Some symptoms in common are: coughing, sneezing, congestion, runny nose, headache, and fatigue.
As always, if you have questions regarding your child’s symptoms, consult a pediatrician or healthcare professional.
Below are a few signs that can help you tell the difference between allergies and a cold:
- Symptoms occur together
- Symptoms may last weeks or months
- Clear, thin, watery mucus
- Symptoms appear one at a time
- Symptoms clear within 7 to 10 days
- Thick, yellow mucus*
* Yellow mucus discharge could indicate an infection requiring medical attention.